Thursday, November 5, 2009
Step Up! today :)
Content theft is more and more an important issue in Second Life. Every day, creators see their work being stolen, copied, resold, given out as a freebie. As recently as during Burning Life, many major SL creators and merchants saw huge chunks of their work copied and given out without their permissions. Whether creators are here for fun or for making a living, this is something that must be changed. The Step Up! campaign aims at raising awareness and educating all residents for this reality and for the urgent need for vigorous measures to fight against content theft. You can participate in this iniciative!
1. be informed: http://stepupsl.wordpress.com/
2. get the Step Up! kiosk (drop by LnL and click the poster and the rotating box);
3. share it with friends and customers;
4. wear the orange campaign ribbon;
5. don'tupload anything to the grid today;
6. organise Step Up! events!
Again, this is about awareness and education on this issues!