✣ LnL Square in Second Life ✣
LnL Square is a group.
LnL Square is a store in Second Life with four collections
-- Main Collection, Gothic Collection, Kimono Collection and Tshirts Collection, plus accessories.
LnL styles go from Gothic, Biker, Sci-fi, Fantasy, Medieval, Oriental, Steampunk, Vampire to Celtic.
LnL Square hosts weekly discussions and inworld parties.
LnL Square is owned by Lizzie Gudkov and London Junkers.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

LNL won UWA challenge thanks to Gfresh Botha!!


LnL participated in the latest edition of the UWA (University of Western Australia) 3D Open Art October Challenge with two pieces inspired by two of our favorite artists, Canadian Claude Theberge and Spanish Francisco de Goya!! The two pieces, made from original SL prims named in remembrance of their talents, "Waiting for Theberge" and "Mourning Goya" were very strong in the voting for the People's Choice Award. We want to thank all of you that went and voted for us!!

The competition was huge, 99 pieces and participants of over 40 nations of 6 of the 7 continents around the planet gathered for this challenge. But what gave us the Big Price, was a very big surprise!! The winner of the Workhouse & Art place d-oo-b Prize, Gfresh Botha, with his fantastic piece I GOT 99 PROBLEMS AND THE RICH AIN'T ONE, decided to share his prize with us O.O!!"I'm no artist and have no idea about art. In RL I have never really taken an interest in art, other than my namesake Leon Botha, who died earlier this year. I have always been a little creative though and SL has given me a medium in which to express this. I make stuff and I enjoy it, if others like it then it's a bonus. I don't know much about art but I know crap when I see it. For the longest time in SL I was in search of "art" galleries/sims/exhibitions in SL, all of which seemed somewhat disappointing, made up mostly of uninspired twisty prims and textures. Then one day I found UWA and my cravings were fulfilled, a rich and thriving art environment full of what I consider the best examples of art and it's in SL. I've been coming back ever since and I'm always pleasantly surprised by the volume and variety of new creations. I would like to give half (of my prize) to my own favourite piece by London Junkers called "Waiting for Theberge". I really really liked it. The rest of the prize I will divide between my friends in SL who have more use for it than me. A big thank you to everyone who liked my work, and thanks to UWA." Gfresh Botha.

WOW and DOUBLE WOW!! In a world ruled by power, ego and selfishness GFresh's attitude serves us as an outstanding example of generosity and magnificent human values!! Thanks so much Gfresh, our gratitude forever!!

We would also like to thank Jayjay Zifanwe and Freewee Ling, and the UWA for this great opportunity and congratulate all winners and participants!! To visit the exposition just follow this link UWA!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! You deserve it. When things are done with a smile and special feelings, special people notice it. Well done. Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww you are so sweet!! You know that it was made with love just for you, thanks gorgeous!! L.J.

    ReplyDelete